Sarah's Life in Austin

Friends & Family - this is for YOU! I hope this can be a way we can keep in touch while we're apart.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lizards, Fire Ants, & Scorpions




During my time in Texas I have encountered several critters that are foreign to me. When I was moving into my room there was a gecko lizard underneath my bed! Since then I have seen about 6 more lizards. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the same one or not. Maybe someday we'll become friends and I'll be able to share my room with it, but at the moment - they freak me out! I've attached a picture of my roommate the lizard.

I have also had the unpleasant feeling of being attacked by fire ants. I was golfing last Friday and as I was walking out to hit my ball I must have stepped on an anthill because there was a burning sensation all around my ankle. I looked down and there were fire ants crawling up my leg. This was a week ago and the red marks still haven't gone away!

A friend told me that she's had scorpions in her apartment. Friends, I'm telling you, when that day comes, I will be in my car on I-35 on my way back North!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home