Sarah's Life in Austin

Friends & Family - this is for YOU! I hope this can be a way we can keep in touch while we're apart.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Spring Semester has begun

Okay, it has been way too long since I last made a post! I was taking Hebrew during January term and that occupied almost all of my time. It was fun but very challenging at times. But hey - now I can interpret Hebrew...with the use of my lexicon. The Spring semester started on Monday. My new classes are: Introduction to Preaching, Introduction to New Testament, Systematic Theology II, and Hebrew Interpretation which is where we expand our Hebrew knowledge and start translating Bible passages.
Awhile ago I made a post about my boyfriend Trey's sister who is in a coma after a car accident. The accident was on New Year's Eve. There has been some improvement but not what was hoped for. Dianne was in the neuro-ICU in Houston. Since then she has moved to TIRR which is a brain and spinal cord rehab center. However, she is not physically ready to be at TIRR yet so in a few weeks she will be forced to give up her bed there. When that happens the family will have to make a decision on where to move her. The doctors have said she is between a 9 and a 10 on the coma scale which means she is coming out of the deep coma but she is still making very small improvements. She is uninsured which makes the situation a bit harder for the family. So, PLEASE PRAY for Dianne Helms, that she can continue to make improvements and get to the point where she can return to TIRR for rehab. Also, pray for the emotional physical strength of the family as they start making decisions regarding Dianne's care. And pray for Trey as he is in school in Austin and feels separated from his family during this time.
On a happier note, Trey's Christmas present to me was a train ride through the hill country and so he got to "give" me my present last Saturday. I've included some pictures from the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home