Sarah's Life in Austin

Friends & Family - this is for YOU! I hope this can be a way we can keep in touch while we're apart.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

We're Engaged!!

The Story:
Yesterday was our 6 month anniversary and Trey hinted that he wouldn't propose then because that would be too obvious. Well, he surprised me!! While I was in class Friday morning one of Trey's friends went out to McKinney Falls State Park to set things up. I went to Trey's after class because we had already planned on spending the day at the park and having a picnic. He had everything packed a ready to go. Then he said, "oh yeah, I have to get a poop bag for Donut." like he always says when we're leaving for the park with Donut (his dog). Little did I know that inside that plastic bag was a diamond ring in the box!! He didn't want me to notice a big bulge in his pocket so the bag was a disguise. The whole car ride to the park I was talking away while he was thinking, 'drive faster!' We got there and he told me to park so we could have our picnic. We got out and starting walking to this already decorated picnic table. He said, "wow, someone else is having a picnic too." Then he said, "it's decorated in your favorite colors!" Then I said, "you did this didn't you." So we approached the beautifully decorated picnic table and as he was bending over to tie up Donut he reached in his pocket, pulled out Donut's poop bag, was down on one knee, and rolled open the bag containing the ring box. Then he started talking and I started crying and I can't remember what he said. I said 'yes' and then we hugged and kissed. And Donut wagged her tail. We spent the rest of the day walking around the park and eating our picnic lunch of PB & J's and Cheetos. It was a beautiful day with a beautiful proposal. I'll remember it always!! I've attached some pictures from the day. Enjoy!

The Happy Couple:

The Ring:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Thea said…

    Congrats!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoo-hoo! We are so excited for both of you. We are so very happy to have you joining our family. We really love all the pictures. See you in a few weeks.
    Love,
    Linda and Dan (the new outlaws)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home